Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Sunday 31 July 2011

Rare butterfly Lulworth skipper found on school butterfly meadow Pontarddulais Primary School

Yesterday I found out the Large skipper I photographed at Pontarddulais Primary School on sports day, it is actually a rare butterfly called the Lulworth skipper, which of course will be protected!


As I adore butterflies and fairies I had to ask Fairies World what they thought about the school butterfly meadow being sold off for housing. They sent me a link to a BBC website which had information on butterflies that now need protecting. On the list were the ones from our school butterfly meadow, Gatekeeper, Meadow Brown and the Holly blue!

This made me search for rare butterflies and low and behold there was the Lulworth skipper, which I had wrongly named in the video as the Large Skipper (I just went on information from Gardeners World.) The photograph I took of this skipper butterfly is exactly the same as the Lulworth skipper. Can anyone help with the cocoon in the photograph above? What sort of butterfly do you think it is? 

I am now a happy bunny! But I am seriously unhappy with the Butterfly Conservation and lack of help and support they have so far shown in trying to save our school butterfly meadow. And will be cancelling my butterfly magazine subscription. And as for Marks & Spencers who are meant to be helping save our butterflies, well I will not be shopping with them again. Seriously they could not sell a lovely little postcard to raise money for our school, where all the money my end went to the school. Shame on them. No wonder our country is in the state it is, some big companies are too greedy! How businesses and charities can advertise save our butterflies and then not follow it through is beyond me! Please join the Facebook Group called Help save Pontarddulais Primary School Field. Sharon, Angie and Rhian get a big thank you from me for all their hard work in trying to save the school field.


I also wrote to Gardeners World and have not received a reply or anything so that magazine is out too. The BBC would not even help me with Sunset Bunny the Easter fairy where all the money goes to Cystic Fibrosis my end, that is 100%. This is why we live in a nasty, greedy world, because most big companies do not care about the little people. All they care about is money. Maybe that is why fighting for things like this gives me more joy than just thinking about making money! And believe me on a £350 salary a month I need to pay the bills! But something tells me when I get up to those pearly gates in heaven without going to church, I believe God will welcome me with open arms because I have shown him that I try to be a good person and help others. The one thing I have been blessed with and that is the knowledge that God really does exist.

I will leave you with the video of just some of the butterflies that live in the Pontarddulais Primary School butterfly meadow.



www.butterflylullaby.co.uk  fairy songs, fairy portraits, art and crafts for children, music, fairy music, true stories, poems, children's stories, free fairy network for businesses and stay at home Mum's (Mom's)

No comments:

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews