Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Friday 21 June 2013

Disney Castle Carnival drawing painting


I was asked to create a Disney Castle for the Carnival. It is not brilliant as I have not put 100% into it for personal reasons, which I may share with you in 10 years time. The above image is the finished product, apart from the Disney Sign and Tinker Bell flying over, which I think I will get my clever little girl to draw.

STAGE 1 - DISNEY CASTLE PAINTING
 
Seeing as I did not have a huge big piece of paper, I just used sellotape to join A3 pieces of paper together. The whole image is approximately 6 x 6ft. I then used pencil to sketch out a very basic image, with not too much detail from the computer and outlined it with a permanent black marker.
 
 
 
STAGE 2 - DISNEY CASTLE PAINTING
 
I then painted the Disney Castle with light blue acrylic paints, which I mixed myself.
I know the Disney Castle is Grey, but we thought blue would be better for the Carnival.





STAGE 3 - DISNEY CASTLE PAINTING
 
Then I painted the roofs dark blue as well as the main door.




STAGE 4 DISNEY CASTLE PAINTING
 
Next, I used another light blue to add some contrast in colours. The very hot day in Wales yesterday dried the paint very nicely indeed. Shame it is raining again today! But hey it waters the plants!

 
STAGE 5- DISNEY CASTLE PAINTING
 
I painted the brickwork a grey colour and the top roof gold. My daughter made me laugh as she said "Mummy, I love the way you have the brickwork looking so real like! "What do you mean?" I asked. "Well" she said "The lumpy bits look like real bricks!" I laughed and replied "The paint has had it's day and that is why there are lumpy bits in the paint, but hey what a fluke!
 
 
STAGE 6 DISNEY CASTLE PAINTING
 
I needed to use black for the windows but the paint would not look too great with lumps, so I used crepe paper instead!
 
 
STAGE 7 - DISNEY CASTLE PAINTING
 
I cut out some pink crepe flags and stuck them down with Pritt stick glue. And added some sparkle with gold and silver glitter for the roofs of the castle. I may video the finished product and stick it on You Tube. The Mum's/Ladies that are making things for the float are brilliant, I just hope they are not too disappointed with my Disney Castle, "Ho hum!" 
 
 
I would feel so proud if one year someone approached me and asked "Can we create a Butterfly Lullaby float for the Carnival with your costumes!" Who knows ah, maybe that little
Heart Shaped piece of toast has brought my little girl and I some good luck!
 
 
 If you have made anything please share your pictures and videos with me on You Tube under: http://www.youtube.com/user/ButterflyLullabyLtd
 
HAPPY CRAFTING THE BUTTERFLY LULLABY WAY!
Sharon J. Bainbridge Google+ https://plus.google.com/104251289011091479681 SCRAPBOOK WITH ME, SHARON J. BAINBRIDGE: http://www.facebook.com/people/Sharon-J-Bainbridge/595087537 www.butterflylullaby.co.uk, fairy songs, fairy portraits, art and crafts for children, music, fairy music, true stories, poems, children's stories, free fairy network for businesses and stay at home Mum's (Mom's) scrapbook layouts every photo tells a story

No comments:

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews