Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Friday 13 December 2013

Girls Long Knitted Hooded Cardigan


I have never knitted before in my life, apart from a wee scarf when I was 10 years old. So this is my very first attempt of actually making something for my little girl with no pattern. My daughter and I took a knitting class just to learn the basics in our village. The cardigan is a total fluke. The stitching is not perfect, but then I have never been a perfectionist and feel some mistakes give a garment character. The design and colours are all from my daughters ideas. I just knitted it. You just cannot seem to buy long cardigans for children. So hopefully she will treasure this one.


A true knitter would pull this item to pieces as I had to cut the sleeves and add further stitches. Also had to cut the hood and restitch. But all in all I am very proud of myself as I never in a million years thought I would ever be able to pull it off. Me knit a cardigan, no way! But here it is in it's colourful glory. The main thing is that my daughter loves it, which just gives you that wonderful little tingle at your heartstrings, knowing that you have made her something that she truly loves!

What was your first knitted garment? Share some pictures and stories with us.

SCRAPBOOK WITH ME, SHARON J. BAINBRIDGE: http://www.facebook.com/people/Sharon-J-Bainbridge/595087537 www.butterflylullaby.co.uk, fairy songs, fairy portraits, art and crafts for children, music, fairy music, true stories, poems, children's stories, free fairy network for businesses and stay at home Mum's (Mom's) scrapbook layouts every photo tells a story

No comments:

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews