Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Thursday 21 April 2011

Beatrix Potter self published but was it a secret? It was not mentioned in the film

When I recently found out by chance that Beatrix Potter self published her first book the Tale of Peter Rabbit before being taken up by the Publishing Company Frederick Warne and Company in 1902, I was amazed! Last night I mentioned the information I had found out about Beatrix Potter to my friend who had recommended I watch the Beatrix Potter film about the children's author's life. And even my friend who reads a lot and has really studied this author did not know this information.



When I and my friend watched the film as far as I can remember there was no mentioned that Beatrix Potter self published her children's book before finding a publisher. Is this because self publishing is looked down upon? My friend said to me if a publisher will not take a book that means it is not meant to be published!

Beatrix Potter was a lucky lady as she had wealth on her side. They say that money goes to money, ha ha.

Here is a little video which shows my own little rabbit Sunset Bunny the Easter Fairy. I created little ACEO art cards that I hope to one day auction off for Cystic Fibrosis. And I am reading part of the Easter Story. I must have a look at just how much I have donated to the Cystic Fibrosis charity over the years. What I have found is the rich people I have met have not been very nice. Money seems to be all they think about and they don't care who they hurt to get it. It would be refreshing to come across a rich person with morals!



I love the music to Sunset Bunny the Easter fairy, it is jolly and fun.





Happy Easter everyone. And for those who have or are thinking of self publishing I wish you lots of luck you are going to need it.

www.butterflylullaby.co.uk, fairy songs, fairy portraits, art and crafts for children, music, fairy music, true stories, poems, children's stories, free fairy network for businesses and stay at home Mum's (Mom's)

No comments:

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews