Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Sunday 1 May 2011

3ft shark - I just said I want to catch myself a shark and I did!

In my 20's I had no fear, I remember everyone fishing for snapper and I wanted to catch myself a shark. In less than 10 minutes of throwing the rod into the water, I felt a big huge tug. I knew then this was no snapper and my hopes came to reality when my boyfriend helped me reel in the 3ft shark. Ok I was hoping for a bigger shark, but when that shark fell onto the deck and tried to bite my toes I was quite relieved when the baby shark was helped overboard. But this begs the question is the mind more powerful than we give it credit for or was this just a fluke? I was so determined to catch a shark and I just had this feeling that I knew I would if I just focused. Can I achieve my goals without help and money? The answer is I did not re-mortgage my hard earned cash for nothing, my child deserves a bright and happy future. And why should we suffer, it is time the sharks paid up!


Looking through old photographs I really miss New Zealand. The beaches are very much like Welsh beaches, beautiful and unspoilt. The New Zealand outdoor lifestyle is just a dream. I used to wake up early and walk down to the beach and go for a swim in the sea. I would only go up to my belly in water as I did not fancy swimming with the sharks! I can still visualise looking over the water onto Rangitoto Island and watching the sun come up. The peacefulness and beauty that surrounded me is something I will treasure and hopefully one day share with my child.

I am typing this blog in the garden and listening to the birds singing their tuneful song. I am trying to listen for the crickets but our crickets do not make the sound they do in New Zealand. They out sing the birds. My last holiday abroad was about 12 years ago when I went to my friends New Zealand wedding, she happened to be my boyfriend's sister. Long story! My one regret is that I was too young to appreciate the beauty of this amazing Country. Instead of looking for the next pub I wished I had photographed more of the beautiful landscape.

This morning someone left me the most amazing comment, I feel quite chocked just reading it again. It is something I would like to share with you, because the person that left me this message has saved me from the sharks. I need to focus on the good things and this is one of them:

Quote from a reader:
Lots of excellent reading here, many thanks! I had been researching on yahoo when I identified your submit, I’m going to add your feed to Google Reader, I look forward to far more from you.

To all the kind people that have left me positive comments on my Butterfly Lullaby blog I thank you with all my heart! Thanks to you I will keep dreaming and keep blogging!

I listened to the song below "I love your smile" when I lived rough in a New Zealand painting pots and selling them in the local market to just pay my rent. I am sure my boyfriends parents would have had a fit if they knew I was sleeping in an empty warehouse on my own with just a radio, sleeping bag and pots to paint. But when you are in your 20's that sort of thing just does not bother you! And hey I got to live the high life too and that holiday romance lasted all of eight years. He was the fish I threw back in the water, but I have many happy memories of our wonderful friendship and a man that respected me as a human being, an equal and I was not just as a women I was his best friend!




http://www.butterflylullaby.co.uk/ fairy songs, fairy portraits, art and crafts for children, music, fairy music, true stories, poems, children's stories, free fairy network for businesses and stay at home Mum's (Mom's)

No comments:

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews