Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Monday 20 September 2010

For mash gets smash, our children deserve real mash potato and we give them that in our UK schools, come on America we love you!

Jamie Oliver has to be admired. What he has done for the UK schools is amazing. I really hope with all my heart that all the American people, who we love, will support him on change.

America is an amazing country and we all love their films and culture. Being a Mum I know full well what it is like trying to juggle everything, and I hate cooking, because I have to tidy up afterwards! I had to laugh as I was talking to my friend on the phone this weekend and I asked her if she remembered the packet mash potato advert when we were kids "Mash gets smash." She giggled and said she made some that evening as she was late home and very hungry. I asked her what was it like, and she replied it tasted ok and that she enjoyed it. I then told her about Jamie Oliver and the packet mash in the American schools. I don't know anything about these products so cannot say what is good and what is bad for you, and would guess all products are different?



I am no saint, believe me I hate cooking and if I can find a quick way to make dinner quickly with no mess, I usually do. But Jamie has really made me think about things. I want my child to grow up healthy so I think I will see if I can get hold of one of his cookery books to make cooking faster and more fun. And as it is time for change, honey put your apron on and do the washing up!

I work part time in a local Welsh school now to fund my Butterfly Lullaby business, which is part charity, helping raise money for Cystic Fibrosis through some of my stories, like Sunset Bunny the Easter Fairy. And I have to say I am amazed at some of the gadgets they have in the school kitchens. Totally amazing, could really do with these at home. There is a potato and carrot peeler, it also grates cheese and who knows what else. And a huge mash potato mixer. Making mash potato for a huge number of school kids is no big deal.



If I can get permission to get someone to video me making some in the school kitchen, I will. For me to say making mash potato for school children is easy, and I hate cooking, believe me it is easy peasy lemon squeezy!



Jamie Oliver, I wish you all the luck in the world in the USA. I felt very sad for you when I saw you cry on TV, but that just shows how much you care, and want to help save our children, and anyone with a heart has to admire that!

P.S. The mash gets smash advert still makes me giggle! The adverts are brilliant.

http://www.butterflylullaby.co.uk/  fairy songs, fairy portraits, art and crafts for children, music, fairy music, true stories, poems, children's stories, free fairy network for businesses and stay at home Mum's (Mom's)

No comments:

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews